Arko III stands as one of the most successful show jumping horses of all time. Olympic contender in Athens 2004, leading horse in Europe for 3 years and 5 times British showjumping horse of the year. Strength in bloodlines come from the most recognisable name of Argentinus and through the maternal influences of Dutch motherline 2 – perhaps the most successful sport line in the world. Having concentrated on his sport career for much of his early life he is now proving his worth as a breeding stallion. His foals perform well at auctions and his youngest offspring are showing a real talent for the sport including the stallion Argento ridden by John Whitaker.
Available by Chilled or Frozen Semen priced at £1500 + UK VAT. Chilled shipment costs £90 + VAT each dispatch.
Bloodline and Performance
- Voted best horse in the world 2004 and 2005
- FEI Leading owners for 3 years.
- Jumped the DuMaurier 3 times without a fence down
- Winner CN International Grand Prix
- Leader of the Global Tour 2007
- Competed Athens Olympics
Described by former rider Nick Skelton as “one of the best horses I have ever ridden”, Arko’s sire the multi-graded Hanoverian stallion Argentinus is acknowledged to be the best son of his sire Argentan and has already sired more than 400 showjumpers and 190 dressage horses in Germany, as well as 27 graded sons worldwide.
His dam Unika, an Oldenburg mare that also produced several full siblings to Arko III, including a full brother, Arko ESI, who was the highest priced foal sold at auction in Germany at €130,000.
Unika is by elite KWPN stallion, Beach Boy, who sired several international show jumpers, and international eventers Feldschwalbe and Beach Star.
During his phenomenally successful international career with Nick, which earned him legendary status, Arko III won the Dubai Classic, the Rome, Lucerne and Cannes grands prix and the Estoril Global Champions tour grand prix. He competed at the Athens Olympics in 2004 and, in 2007, was crowned KBIS British Equestrian Insurance Show Jumper of the Year for an unprecedented fourth year.
Despite a late start to his breeding career Arko III is having much success.
Here is just a very small selection
- Arkida, Champion of England of the 5 YO and approved stallion
- Argento, very good stallion regularly ranked in international 7 YO classes with John Whitaker. Among his best titles, he won the 7YO GP in Chantilly 2009 CSI****
- Miss Arko, remarked mare in the english young horses classes
- Lilibet who represented England in the 2007 Young Horses World Championships
- Arkan, the full brother of Lilibet, AES approved stallion
Please click here to view a fully interactive pedigree